Rapid Prototype Castings
State Line Foundries produces certified, prototype iron castings faster than anyone.
Our proven, structured processes routinely meet tight deadlines because our quick-response team eliminates the "white space" between each step in the prototype production process.
- Promptly return RFQs within one day
- In-house expertise to review casting designs with your design engineers
- 98% first-pass yield using solidification modeling(MAGMA) to reduce time spent in the trial-and-error cycle
- Proven tool making partners to optimize job fit, lead time, and cost
- 3D sand-printed molds or foam tooling can be used for low-quantity needs
- Full in-house lab capabilities to provide mechanical and chemical certifications the same day castings are produced.
- Full in-house dimensional verification of the castings before shipment
Benefits of Rapid Prototype Castings
- Prototype tooling can often be used to produce interim quantities before full production is ready.
- Actual part - not a paper or composite simulated part
- Machinable - using conventional machines, to exact specs and characteristics
- Functional part - can be integrated into your whole system so that performance issues such as fit tolerances, strength, durability, etc. can be realistically evaluated